2019 KEA Call for Undergraduate Papers
The Kentucky Economic Association is encouraging undergraduate research by supporting three sessions for undergraduate papers during the 2019 KEA conference (October 25, 2019). This year’s conference will be held at the University of Louisville. Please encourage your students to submit their papers and present. All students must submit a full length paper to present their research at the annual conference and to participate in the student paper competition by October 4, 2019. Abstract paper submissions will not be accepted.
- Undergraduate papers must have been written during the 2018-19 academic year.
- Faculty-student research is not eligible for the student paper competition.
- Co-authored undergraduate papers are welcome.
- The best paper will receive a financial reward sponsored by Cengage.
Papers submitted to the KEA undergraduate sessions are expected to have the following sections. Acceptance to the undergraduate session will be based on papers meeting the following criteria.
- Abstract The abstract should clearly define the scope, methodology and results of the research.
- Research Topic The paper should focus on a specific research problem and contain a well-defined hypothesis.
- Theoretical Basis The paper should be well grounded in existing literature and theoretical models. The best papers will extend the literature and models to new data or applications.
- Methodology The paper should describe the dataset used in the paper and the methodology used to analyze it.
- Results The paper should contain results that are discussed in the context of the initial hypothesis. The best papers will discuss how the results either support or refute the hypothesis and provide clear and complete explanations of why the results might have occurred.
- Conclusions Papers should draw conclusions from the results. Policy implications and practical applications should be presented and supported by the results of the research.
Any questions should be directed to the Undergraduate Research Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit your paper: